The shattered friend.
You can't put a broken glass vase back together perfectly again once its been broken. You are now a different person. Put yourself back together anyway sis! Missing pieces and all!
Someone very near and dear to my heart just poured out her heart. Her boyfriend left her for his ex-girlfriend. She was told the relationship with the ex-gf was over... then boom they are fucking and back in a relationship together again. She is so extremely distraught. She asked me for advice. (If she only knew.)
So this is what I advised her to do:
1. Cut off contact. ... so hard... she says they were friends for many years
2. Give it time. ...--- also very difficult, time moves slowly when you're heartbroken.
3. Let go of the fantasy. ...-- I told her to let go of the fantasy that he portrayed, that she was living.
4. Instead of choosing bitterness, and anger-- choose FORGIVENESS
5. Please sis, do not beat yourself up about still loving him, this loss; this time of grieving will take time
6. Spend time with the people who Really love you unconditionally.
7. Don't forget about your other relationships
8. FULLY EXPERIENCE your EMOTIONS!
9. Try putting some time into a new hobby.
Brandlyn Owens is passionate about exploring and educating herself and others about mental health topics. She's a momma of 2 kiddos and she resides in Durham, NC.